So, how about an update?
Karl and I placed an offer on the house you see below this past Thursday, Feb. 19th. We heard from our realtor that night that the listing agent had also put in an offer on the house. Immediately, Karl and I felt a bit combative and protective of the house. Since then, we've just had to wait. We said, in our offer, to hear back from the bank within 24 hours (Friday night 8pm) but that didn't happen as it is stated on the listing, all offers to hear back within 2-3 business days. Well, bummer, this all happened over a weekend so that means a good week wait for Karl and I. (humph!)
Karl's uncle and cousin, who live in Grand Haven, hadn't seen the house and wanted to take a look. When they drove by, they saw there was an open house going on. The listing agent wasn't there but a gentleman representing Coldwell Banker informed Karl's uncle that that day (Saturday) would be the last day they would be accepting offers. Also that the house had two offers on it (one being ours and the other unknown) and that the bank should be making a decision to accept one or the other or neither. Well, Karl and I were quite surprised by this and so was our realtor. According to our realtor, the bank normally rejects both offers, if they are below the asking price, to try to get the most money it can since the house is a foreclosure. So, back to waiting. We're just waiting...Mark, our realtor said hopefully he'll hear by midday Monday. I'm hoping so. It would be so exciting if the bank countered not too far from our offer. But, who knows. We'll see.
If this house doesn't go to us, we know then it wasn't meant for us. We've already picked out a couple houses we'd like to walk through if our offer is rejected. We really like the white house we put an offer on but we've also decided where our price limit is (which is lower than the asking price) and we're not budging.
So, for now, that's all. I'll update again as soon as I know more. Keep checking.
P.s. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Arabell (belated) and Heather!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Hopefully our NEW HOME!
Watch the slideshow to see a walk through of, what could be, our new home.
(YIPPEE!)
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)