She loved her family dearly and always prayed the best for them. All throughout college, she supported me and was always so generous when Karl and I'd come to visit. "Are you hungry?" were typically the first words she'd greet any guest with. Always the tea kettle simmering on the stove and finger cookies and treats on the table...But my clearest memory of Grandma is one sunny and warm afternoon while I pulled out of her rather steep driveway. Looking up the steep cement stairs, I saw her in her doorway sending me off. She was so warm and loving to me; Karl remembers the first time he met them. He and Grandpa had the longest chat about fishing and hunting. Grandpa remembered Karl too when we came back quite awhile after that.
I miss them both...May you (Grandma) rest in peace and know that you were loved and will be sorely missed.
...She's singing with the angels; embraced in Grandpa's arms. Love you Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment