Saturday, January 2, 2010

HAPPY 2010!!

Do you realize we'll not see another single-digit year for 90 years!! Not until 2100!! Holy cow!

I hope you had a nice holiday season. Karl's and mine was very busy with lots of driving. But also a very nice time. We went to Karl's family's for Christmas eve presents, dinner and church and were faced with quite the snow storm on the way home. Going very slow and cautiously, we finally made it home. Christmas for the Gessner group was at our (small) apartment Christmas day. Dick and Linda came up from Arizona, Gma Gessner, Barb and Mom all came. With a crackling fire, awesome food, sparkling cider and generous gifts, the afternoon quickly melted away into evening. The next day, Saturday, was the Buter family Christmas. Mom was still visiting so she came with. The Buters were so happy to see her and talk with her - they were eager to have Mom come along since they hadn't seen her since Karl and my wedding.

Wheeww...Monday came and went, bleeding into Tuesday, Wednesday and finally Thursday. Karl and I booked our cruise for February and celebrated with a night at home. We thought about watching the ball drop but that's about as far as that got. We figured it was going to turn 2010 whether we watched the ball drop or not. Then...yummo! New Year's day was fondu at Karl's parent's; all the good fried food you'd ever want and could be filled with. I didn't feel too hot that night though... :-)

So, here I am. My 2.5 week Cmas vacation is almost complete. I'm feeling like I'm trying to rewind the busy past two weeks just to have another day to sleep in and somehow grasp the reality that this is my break, not another busy day. :-/ I like being busy with things to do and places to go but then I also enjoy having a day go slow enough it feels like I'm not busy... contradictory, I know. "I'm complicated." :-)

So, here's to a good 2010. Let's make it a good one. I'm eager to see where God will have Karl and I this December...we'll see.
Love you

No comments: