Karl and I were fortunate enough to have Mom and Barb come over for Thanksgiving in late November. Mom also brought Murphy and the kittens! I've posted a video but here's the Picasa album of the visit.
Mom and I are thankful that the orange tabby and the B&W kittens have been placed in a home. I think Mom's going to keep the calico though.
We have our Christmas tree up!! The house is decorated with poinsettias, snowmen and snowflakes. I just love the holiday season. It's so warm and comfortable. The presents are wrapped and under the tree but that's not to say we have all the presents purchased. There's still some to do. I'm getting excited though because next week is the last week of school with a party on Friday and then two week of VACATION! I've been working so much, I almost feel a bit guilty for not being home more. I work at school 730-145 but often stay until 230, sometimes later working on lesson plans and preparing for the following week. THEN I go off to TSC for work at 4-830. Fridays and all of next week we close at 9pm! So I won't get home until 9:30. That's 14 hours on my feet. You wouldn't believe how exhausting it is. I'm physically and mentally tired. This vacation will be a nice break. Karl has the week of Christmas until Jan 4th off, too. So he and I will have some nice time together.
A few pictures of the tree anyone? Karl's parents and grandparents were kind enough to let us have one of his grandparents natural trees from back behind their home in Scottville. We went out there Thanksgiving weekend and picked it out (claiming it as ours with a palm tree air freshener used for your car...) :-D Thank you Brian and Kathy for bringing it down. That helped a lot.
Have you had a candy cane yet? One of my students gave me a tutty-fruity one. It was surprisingly good.
So for now, that's all folks.
Love you guys.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh no! Karl, lookout!
:-D Haha. Isn't that a funny picture? I found and showed him that right away. Mom had mentioned you may be "adopting" a stray orange tabby. Is it sticking around for now?
Yup yup. It was pretty cute the way it happened. We were all out in the driveway shoveling snow, and I heard a cat meowing off in the woods. He came bouncing through the snow, meowed at us, ran into the garage and started looking around. Kinda like "Hmm, yes, yes...This will do nicely." He proceed to look for cozy spots around the various piles of crap in the garage.
Very lovey cat, loves the pettin's, stays completely under foot while begging for attention. We booted him out that night not knowing where he was from. Heather went shopping the next day. I later stepped into the garage for some reason, and the cat comes crawling out of the trailer (full of kids toys,) looks at me, stretches, meows in a "Hey man," kinda way.
Huh...
I guess he stuck around the entire night outside the garage (poor cat.) So, yeah, he stays in the garage now, but would desperately love to come inside. Who knows, he may eventually, but if he doesn't have his claws removed, he's not gonna be a 100% indoor kitty. (and he's only be 100% indoor if we had his claws removed...) I don't like claw-removal, but we also have expensive furniture!
So, yeah, we seem to have a new pet. Since the neighbors cat hasn't been hanging around, we've been having an increase in small squirrels and mice. I'm really hoping having an outside kitty will 'help' with that situation. :)
Anyway, I'm sure we'll upload pictures or video sooner or later...
Soooo...I guess I shoulda just emailed this instead of posted as a comment. :D
Cool. :-) I hope he's nice. Comment anytime, long note or short.
Love you guys. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment