Happy 2009! Today is the first day of 2009, January 1st, and it's hard to believe it's almost done as the clock rounds to 6pm.
Karl and I were fortunate enough to travel safely to Mike and Sandy's for New Year's Eve; watched the ball drop for the first time in quite a few years. For past years I've just gone to bed, unable to stay away that late. We had a wonderful dinner, plenty of *spirits* and games. Scrabble kind of wore my alcohol level down though as it went long. We played Scrabble and Pokeno, which I've never played but was a fun twist between Bingo and Poker.
I'm not home so I can't post holiday party pictures yet but I'll do that soon. Karl and I have traveled from Mike and Sandy's up to Karl's parents in Scottville. I've not experienced it before tonight but Karl's family always celebrates the New Year with a Fondue party. Oh boy! Pizza rolls, Mozzarella sticks, breaded mushrooms, chicken nuggets...all stabbed and then cooked in hot oil. YUMMO! I was a bit hesitant at first but man, it was good. (Thank goodness it's only once a year. I couldn't handle that much grease often.)
Three more days left of vacation...pros and cons. Pros: We'll be back to work soon to earn back holiday spending and back to the routines we've steadily set in place. Cons: We have to go back to work. :-) Where we've spent so many day-light hours together finding new things to do to pass the time now we'll have to find time in the evening (on nights I'm not working at TSC). A two week break is enjoyable, relaxing and refreshing but, in all honesty, it'll be nice to get back to work.
Karl and I hope you all had a wonderful holiday break/season. We hope God blessed you and kept you safe if you did much/any traveling. The weather was a bit hairy at times, not to mention icy roads but was also a bit relieving as it melted back a bit.
Keep coming back to the blog for soon-coming pictures.
~HUGS~
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment